Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBAW Reading Meme


To continue with BBAW, today's post offers a Meme and a contest!!




Comment below to win a copy of The Circle of Friends, Book IV...Mike, due out October 6th. Please provide an email address.
This contest is open until September 22nd at 2pmEST

Now, on to the Meme!

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack? Tortilla chips!

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? I do highlight some.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open? Bookmark. (Bending a book? Horrors!)

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? Both!

Hard copy or audiobooks? Hard copy.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? At any point.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? Guilty – I bleep over it!

What are you currently reading? Just finished Five Love Languages – Singles Edition

What is the last book you bought? Having a blonde moment here...

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? 2-3 at a time

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? Mid afternoon.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? Fiction - series, non-fiction - stand alone.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? The Five Love Languages

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) By genre.

16 comments:

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Loved the questions in this meme. It’s always fun to learn more about the bloggers I visit. People organize their books? Oops – my shelves are calling.

jane@janesutton.com

Unknown said...

How is this possible that I CONTINUE to learn more about you? :)

I'm with you on several of your answers;

*Bookmarks!
*Can stop anywhere (I read before bed, and often realize that I'm holding a book with my eyes closed)!
*I also read more than one book at a time - usually. Every so often there is one that I just can't wait to continue with - bar none!

And of course! Enter me please!
crystalclearproofing at charter dot net!

The Old Silly said...

I don't organize mt books - lol - just a huge pile - several piles, actually, scattered around in three different rooms. Call me scattered, tee hee.

Loved the meme things about you! ;)

Marvin D Wilson

Allyn Evans said...

I am page bender. I also write all over my books.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Allyn, I don't write, but most of my non-fiction is highlighted - some in multiple colors!

And with six bookshelves (in five different rooms no less!) I have to maintain some semblance of order...

Debbie's World of Books said...

Highlight?! Horrors. Okay, I just saw that is mostly in non-fiction books. :)

I've heard of the Five Love Languages but never picked it up. Might have to check it out.

No need to enter me, I already have a copy I plan on reading :)

TexasRed said...

Great meme responses!

Helen Ginger said...

I use either a bookmark or one of my business cards to mark my place. And I write in nonfiction books mostly. I do highlight some passages in fiction, though.

I like series books. You get to know the character over time and when a new one comes out, it's like meeting up with a friend.

Helen
http://www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Yeah, Debbie!!

Now I wouldn't mark up a fiction book. But between my marketing and self-help/success/motivation books, there's a whole lotta highlighting going on!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Fun meme!

wolfpaw6@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I'm a multiple-book reader, too, but I must admit that I'm guilty (very, very guilty) of the bending, folding, dogearring, and margin writing. Not other people's books, of course-- just my own.

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

I hardly know how to read without a pencil in my hand! (-: I hate to borrow library books because I can't mark 'em.

Best,
Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Blogging at Writer's Digest 101 Best Website pick www.sharingwithwriters.blogspot.com

Jenners said...

It has been so fun reading all the different takes on this meme. And I'm finding out that my dog-earing seems to be a big no no! I hope I don't kicked out of the book blogging community! : )

Creative Chronicler said...

You should try Mission brand tortilla chips. They are my favorite store bought ones.

Beth said...

Thanks for the giveaway. I read one the of Circle of Friends book and really enjoyed it. Please enter me.

Ok Here goes:
Yes, I snack when I read.
I never mark in my books.
I use a bookmark
Mostly Fiction
Alway Hard Copy
I like to go to the end of the ch.
I usually bleep over it.
Currently Reading Percy Jackson (with my son)
Last book purchased - Breaking Dawn
Usually 1-2 at a time
Usually read late at night.
Love Series
Recomment Dead Until Dark a lot
I am not that organized!

lizzi0915 at aol dot com

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Beth, so glad you enjoyed it - you are entered!

And thanks everyone, this meme, and everything else this week, has been SO much fun!

And Chris, we do the Mission chips and Santios brands.