Monday, June 29, 2009

Looking at "The Bigger Picture" with Dyan Garris!


Today I welcome guest blogger, Dyan Garris!

The vast array of people I meet in this industry continues to amazes me. When I visited her website, I was impressed by the vast array of products and services she offers besides her books. She's really diversified!

So I asked her to explain just how all of this came about. It is my hope my readers will benefit from the example of her unique path and set out on their own!

Thanks, Dyan!

The Bigger Picture
By Dyan Garris


Often what we’ve planned for ourselves in life doesn’t show up the way we originally thought it would. We embark upon what we may perceive to be a well-plotted course, and perhaps end up in a totally different place than we expected. As any good author knows, a most important aspect of constructing your story is to flow along with it, not fight it with our own notions of what ought to happen between the characters, but just allowing room for it to do whatever it does. In this way, the bigger picture, the whole story comes out of the haze and into focus.

When we construct a solid foundation and a framework, the rest of the house gets built easily. When we allow our life to simply unfold, grow, and blossom as its own unique, thrilling story or novel, we may find ourselves completely astonished by the true plan. When we begin to see our life as an exciting adventure that has depth and meaning beyond imagination, we allow space for amazing things to occur. And when we allow ourselves to be spiritually guided by our true life’s purpose instead of by our own idea of our life’s purpose, miraculous things can happen.

Over fifteen years ago I was guided to write “A Healing Journey Guided Fantasy.” So many astounding miracles happened around this one simple meditation, but little did I know that this was just the beginning. It was a cornerstone of the foundation of what was yet to come. From this “journey” Voice of the Angels – A Healing Journey Spiritual Cards were born. The cards are all scenes from the guided fantasy. Together, they form a “healing journey.” I hand illustrated them and fashioned them in 3D with crystals and other gemstones. It is no accident that years later I would teach people to manifest their entire lives in 3D. And the cards have messages from angels in quatrain verse. At the time, there was nothing else on the market like them. In fact, I still have a stack of rejection letters from publishers informing me that such a thing would never sell. But I knew in my heart that was not true. And I knew in my heart that there was much more to my story, even if I didn’t know exactly what the rest of it was. I knew there was a bigger picture.

The cards were first conceived as an integrated healing journey with each component, cards, journal, and a CD, fitting together in perfect harmony. The original guidebook for using the cards was 350 pages, and contained within it a journal for journaling about the card readings. It is no accident that years later I would teach people how to connect mind, body, and spirit in this way as a basic foundation for manifestation. On the cover of the book, I wrote “A Co-Creation by Dyan Garris and the Angels.” I still have that verbiage on the box of cards and instruction booklet today, because it’s totally true. I could not have conceived of this project all by myself and had no idea where it was all going to end up. At the time I didn’t really care. I was just willing to follow the directions and continue on the journey, even in the face of initial “rejection” by the mainstream. Following our inner guidance every step of the way is crucial to building anything.

Along with those instructions were the strange words that were whispered in my ear at the beginning of the “journey” by those dear angelic beings who were guiding me along the path. Those very powerful words were: “Nascent quintessence.” At the time, my interpretation was something that translated loosely into “something from one’s very essence about to be born.” However, once again I was astounded to learn and realize the bigger picture of what they really mean. And I could only see the true meaning of all that I’ve built after I climbed the craggy mountain filled with roadblocks and obstacles, and turned around to gaze at the view.

You see, what Spirit and I have built, in what is now a complete Spiritual Toolbox™ full of products that work together and on many levels at the same time, is an example. It’s a microcosm model, a springboard for people to use to manifest and co-create their own lives. It’s a means of connection of mind, body, and spirit that is essential in learning how to co-create and manifest. The cards, journal, and what is now A Healing Journey –The Voice of the Angels CD (the first CD in a series, which contains the original meditation along with six tracks of music designed to unblock, clear, and balance the chakras) are the foundation on which everything else is built.

I once asked a well known mystic, “Why all the struggles on my journey? Why such a twisting, turning, and seemingly bizarre pathway?” She replied that not only does it make a better story, but through that story people get helped on their own healing journey. And that is the bigger picture.


Dyan Garris has helped many people move forward in their lives with her gifts of clairvoyance, clairaudience, and clairsentience. Dyan is a voice recognition psychic and trance channel. She has helped many people learn to use the power contained in their chakras to be the best they can be. She has created a Spiritual Toolbox™ full of products for multi-dimensional living and integrative healing. This includes the Amazon.com bestselling book and award winning finalist “Money and Manifesting,” a CD series of music and meditation for healing, Automatic Chakra Balance™, relaxation, and vibrational attunement of mind, body, and spirit, and a line of jewelry for Automatic Chakra Balance™. The CD series has been nominated for multiple “New Age Reporter” awards, includes numerous #1 charting songs and has earned the “National Health and Wellness Stamp of Approval.” Her DVD “Doors to the Soul,” a relaxation DVD for automatically balancing the energy field was released in 2008. She is also the author, developer and artist of “Voice of the Angels – A Healing Journey Spiritual Cards” (©1994 - 2009); “Voice of the Angels Cookbook – Talk To Your Food! Intuitive Cooking;” “The Book of Daily Channeled Messages;” and “Fish Tale of Woe – Lost at Sea. She writes a Daily Channeled Message™, a free spiritual advice column, and is the publisher of Voice of the Angels.com Magazine. Free angel card readings in three languages are offered on her main website as well as phone psychic readings by real psychics. Ms. Garris no longer provides private readings, but does provide Manifesting Therapy . More information at Voice of the Angels
Thanks, Dyan!!!

6 comments:

Marvin D Wilson said...

Always reading about and words from Dyan. It was my pleasure to do a feature on her last year on my old Free Spirit blog, also. :)

The Old Silly

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I found this post fascinating and so agree with the idea, "When we allow our life to simply unfold, grow, and blossom as its own unique, thrilling story or novel, we may find ourselves completely astonished by the true plan."

JaneKennedySutton

Helen Ginger said...

Dyan must be incredibly busy as well as incredibly talented!

Very interesting.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Dyan said...

Hi All. L. Diane, I want to thank you for this guest post. I am honored and appreciate it very much. One thing I want to point out is that everything in the Spiritual Toolbox(TM) goes together, works together. Every product is part of every other product and one thing is built atop the other in a progression. It's an integrated healing journey. The point is, as well, that it's representative of all of us. We are all connected, even if we appear to be separate. Again, L. Diane, thank you so much! Hi Marvin! Big Hugs!

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

I've often said that too many of us are so fixed on our own needs/wants that we don't recognize opportunity when it comes up and site in our lap.

Best,
Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Blogging at Writer's Digest 101 Best Website pick, www.sharingwithwriters.blogspot.com

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

Sorry, make that sitS in our lap.