Thursday, October 06, 2005

Things I Have Seen!

This recent trip involved many new and exciting adventures. Taking a tour around the Daytona Speedway was a real treat! You cannot imagine how big the track is until you are actually on it!

And that got me to thinking about some other cool things I've seen - and how many places I have been!

The biggest is still standing on the banks of Loch Ness in Scotland. After watching so many special about the Loch Ness Monster and seeing that beautiful place, it was amazing beyond words to stand on the point of the most photographed place on the loch! And touching the water - brrrrrr! It was cold. So was the air - we saw snow!

On a trip to Wisconsin many years ago, I took a solo walk through The House on the Rock - and was astounded! That place was deceptively massive, seeing as most of it is underground. Also home to the world's largest carousal. It was just a magical experience, all by myself, gazing at these incredible wonders like a kid in a candy store. If you've never been, it's better than anything Disney could put together.

Butchart Gardens on Vancouver Island in Canada was pretty incredible. I'm not into flowers, but seeing an entire valley sculptured and rainbowed in colors with trees, bushes, & flowers, was pretty darn cool.

Yellowstone! Old Faithful! Mammouth Springs! Actually, what I remember best was stopping by a rocky cliff and watching six mountain goats jump around on the sheer rock surface. Pretty impressive.

Speaking of mountains, Sandia Peak in Albuquerque, NM is beautiful to look at and look down from! So pretty in winter, covered in snow, and great for hiking in the summer. We lived at the base of the mountains, so looking out every morning, I saw that beautiful mountain range!

Which takes me right into four years of the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Over six hundred balloons launched on the weekends, from before dawn to ten/eleven in the morning. Coolest thing was when someone allowed me to step inside a balloon itself as it was being filled to take pictures.

Walking along Beale Street in Memphis.

Riding Alpine Slides in the Pocono Mountains.

Snow sledding in Ohio.

First trip to Disneyland in California.

Seeing Denver at night for the first time as I drove through on one of my many cross country treks.

The first time I ever rode the Incredible Hulk roller coaster at Islands of Adventure.

Hey! You knew there had to be a coaster in there somewhere, didn't you?

No comments: